A toddler can already eat practically everything. A toddler’s meals should be nutritious and varied to provide them all necessary vitamins and minerals from food. A child should have three main meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner complemented by 2 or 3 healthy snacks during the day.
- A child may sometimes eat more, sometimes less – that is quite normal and does not mean he or she is picky.
- Pushing food may lead to tears and arguments and does not help at all.
- An adult decides the menu but the child can decide how much and what she takes.
- A child should be given a variety of options, new flavours and experiences.
- Parents set the example for their child at dinner table.