Meals and a school aged child
An adult shoulders responsibility for a child’s meals. Family meals are important for family bonds giving children nice memories of meals together.
- Regular day routine is the foundation of wellbeing for primary school aged children.
- There should be enough time for breakfast as it provides energy for the brain for the school day.
- School dinner is the main meal of the day for a school child and helps him or her to focus and get through the day.
- A healthy afternoon snack.
- Parents should ensure that children have a varied and healthy evening meal.
- Before going to bed, a school aged child needs something for supper.
- Adults set the example of eating habits to a child.